Massachusetts/Southern New Hampshire

Searching for a track, bashing spot or just someone to ride with? Post your location here and see what's nearby.

Moderator: Moderators

nhsledding
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by nhsledding » Sun May 16, 2004 9:59 pm

Whats up Guys,

I am am from Boscawen, NH Thats off exit 17 off 93North in NH!! If Anybody knows were the 106 race track is in Pembroke, NH there is a Dirt Bike Pit that is pretty big up the road. I go there during the week sometimes and on the weekends. Just on the weekends you have too be carefull of the dirt Bikers. They don't seem too mind and most times watch your rc truck instead.LOL

lugnutracing,

I don't live too far from you. Have you started your track building yet? Let me know. I could come help you out. I see your a service manager!! I work in a parts dept here in Concord. Let me know if you need some help!! Also a few people I bash with would prob help if I asked them. Theres atleast 10-15 people I know of at the place I workthat have RC's!!

There must be more people here from NH!!

420Savage,

You still here?? Anygood spots. Lets us know.

Eric

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

lugnutracing
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by lugnutracing » Mon May 17, 2004 6:06 am

Can use any help you are willing to give want the track up and running as soon as possible. Cleared 1/3 of an acre this weekiend and I have fill being delivered this week. Thinking about starting a weekend racing series. Let me know if you are interested.
Savage #1
GPM Aluminum upper and lower control arms
THS Exhaust
OFNA Steering Stabilizer
4 Gear diff upgrade
GPM Shocks
Proline Offset wheels
Reciever hump Pack

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

VonJava
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by VonJava » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:33 pm

hi all - i just moved to wellesley, ma but lived for 13 years in northboro, ma where there is a bmx track. don't know if they let rc in but i'll check it out when i get the time. i doubt anyone bmx's there anymore.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

lugnutracing
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by lugnutracing » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:54 pm

The track is just about finished almost ready to race. I am trying to get the first race scheduled for july 4th weekend. Please send me a email if you are interested. Also thinking of starting an rc club if your are interested in that send me an email. clink on the link below to see the current status of the track.

http://home.comcast.net/~lugnutracing/
Savage #1
THS Exhaust
OFNA Steering Stabilizer
4 Gear diff upgrade
GPM Shocks
Proline Offset wheels
Reciever hump Pack

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

VonJava
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by VonJava » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:05 pm

that looks like it's going to be fantastic - I CALL THE SPOT ON THE STUMP!!!!

seriously though - looks great. i think i'm close to newmarket (relatively at least). would love to play july 4th weekend but think i'm otherwise engaged. MORE PICTURES!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

lugnutracing
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by lugnutracing » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:26 pm

The stump is reserved for the cooler. More pictures will be on the webpage soon. If you tell me where you are located ill tell how close you are.
Savage #1
THS Exhaust
OFNA Steering Stabilizer
4 Gear diff upgrade
GPM Shocks
Proline Offset wheels
Reciever hump Pack

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

VonJava
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by VonJava » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:25 pm

i'm in wellesley, MA 02482 - and the cooler can have my spot any day. i'll even fill it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

lugnutracing
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by lugnutracing » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:45 pm

Check out the website the main page and picture pages have been updated. First race july 4th

http://home.comcast.net/~lugnutracing/
Savage #1
THS Exhaust
OFNA Steering Stabilizer
4 Gear diff upgrade
GPM Shocks
Proline Offset wheels
Reciever hump Pack

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

lugnutracing
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by lugnutracing » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:34 am

We raced on the track last sunday and it is great. With 12' lanes it is very savage freindly. Check out the website for the latest pics. If anyone from NH or Ma has any interest in the track send me a message. Would love to run with other savages there are 4 of us already.
Savage #1
THS Exhaust
OFNA Steering Stabilizer
4 Gear diff upgrade
GPM Shocks
Proline Offset wheels
Reciever hump Pack

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MaxximumRevo
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by MaxximumRevo » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:48 am

anyone still up for bashing sometime? I live in Chelmsford, about 10 min from the Billerica BMX Track.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

WHEELHEAD
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by WHEELHEAD » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:36 pm

YEA WE BASH THERE AT THAT BMX TRACK IN BILL. ON SUNDAY MORRING ABOUT 8:30am. THERE IS ABOUT 4-5 PEOPLE AT A TIME. SOME OF THE GUYS FROM LHS. SHOW UP.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Salty0790
Savage Enthusiast
Savage Enthusiast

Post by Salty0790 » Tue May 31, 2005 6:06 pm

anyone live near belmont? pm me if you do...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

95F350powerstroke
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by 95F350powerstroke » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:04 am

ww.rpmrc.com

this track is located at 201 N.quincy st. in abington,ma.we have a huge off road track and i mean huge.if any of you have been to the Big boys toys track in taunton this track is a little more than twice the size of that.we have a transponder system for lap counting.and an onsite store that stocks tons of savage parts(not that youll need them),you can come down and bash or race for free.we usualy bash all week and saturdays and race on sunday if there are enough people,if not we just bash.we also have an onroad track that can be set up if we have enough people to run and help clean the parking lot and set the track up.the only prize for winning a race is bragging rights,usualy everybody chips in a couple dollars and we get a ton of pizza and drinks.lots of fun and lots of nice people.sometimes we also go to a parking lot at the south shore plaza in braintree on saturday and sunday nights.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

crazysavage28
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by crazysavage28 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:33 pm

WHERE IS EVERYONE!?
Savage .25 RTR with O.S. Max-30VG
1/2" offset maximizer beadlocks with dirtbonz
18/49 cb/spur combo
"No honey, that's always been on my savvy"
RS4 3 evo, THS pipe, with stage D wheels and tires FUN FUN FUN

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MaxximumRevo
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by MaxximumRevo » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:22 am

I dunno went to the BMX track today and bumped into the ground keeper a Billerica Police officer (did not know till end) He blames all the damage to the track on RC vehicles....says that they throw trees on the track and logs (mean while this is in the woods and RC people want to jump and could care less about tree's and logs) and says that we tear up the track (if its packed down should be a problem)

I thought someone was going to get in touch with the head guy?

Greg (the guy I talked to) says that he will arrest people for vandalism if he see'd them at the track. My response was that we should have a rake to fix damage.

So I would recommend that is someone knows of alot of land somewhere lets build our own bashing spot.

The head guys name is Paul....I might look into it when I get back from vacation.

So from now on if you use the BMX track take a rake with you or something to fix any major damage we do.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Sgt
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Sgt » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:25 pm

Sorry to be a downer guys but over the last few weeks the RC cars have been ripping the *censored* out of the track. I'm the officer that MaxximumRevo talked to on Sunday. I run the BMX program through the Billerica Police Athletic League.

From day one the track was designed, built and opened for bicycles only. There are no motor vehicles of any kind allowed on the track. For myself and the small amount of volunteers that keep the program going, keeping the track in decent shape is a struggle and takes many hours to maintain. About two weeks ago I went out only to find that someone had done burnouts all over the track which left two perfectly shaped holes about 2 1/2 inches deep. This required someone to go around and fill all the holes, time that could be spent doing something else more productive.

Last week one of our volunteers had to regrade the first jump that was ripped up by spinning r/c tires. In the same spot someone had left a a plank of wood on the jump (never said anything about trees). This stuff may seem trivial but we have some small kids racing on the track and it doesn't take much for their skinny tires to get caught up in these ruts, etc.

At no time has anyone contacted me through the Billerica BMX site, the police department or the rec dept to ask permission or inquire about the track. At no time have any r/c people volunteered on work days which are posted on our site. www.billericabmx.com

What has been accomplished is the disregard of posted notice that motorized vehicles are prohibited and the ongoing malicious destruction of the track. This past Sunday we cancelled racing to work on the track all day, it's hard work.

In the near future we'll be applying Soil-Tac to the surface. This soil stabilizer will harden the track but will not withstand spinning tires in one place. Once a hole is created and water gets under it the surface will be undermined. The stuff is expensive.

Please cooperate and stay off the track. I'm not looking to hammer anyone but if I see someone actively engaged in damaging the track than they will be dealt with. I realize it's probably a minority doing the damage but I cannot spend additional time ferreting out the culprits. If you have any questions please call or email me.

Sgt Greg Katz
Billerica Police
978-671-0900
gkatz@town.billerica.ma.us

BTW, Peter Chambers is the track operator your talking about and he's more aggravated than I am. Had someone got in touch with us ahead of time maybe something could have been worked out but for right now it's a no go. Asking permission is a risk but it's the responsible course of action.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

crazysavage28
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by crazysavage28 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:38 pm

Get the *censored* off this site PIG! :o I really dont see how you can really consider an rc a motorized vehicle! I mean *censored*, its not like we are racing dirt bikes or quads at the *censored* track! Ok look, My house has a dirt driveway right, and i have never and i mean NEVER dug a hole in my driveway with my 4WD truck. Ok fine, Ill just have to bring and electric rc to the track. PROBLEM SOLVED. No more gas powered motorized vehicles! :twisted:
18/49 cb/spur combo

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

crazysavage28
Savage Superstar
Savage Superstar

Post by crazysavage28 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:45 pm

Oh BTW, Just looked over the entire billericabmx website and NOWHERE does it say anything about no motorized or rc vehicles. :wink:
18/49 cb/spur combo

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Sgt
Savage Newbie
Savage Newbie

Post by Sgt » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:59 am

crazysavage28 wrote:Get the *censored* off this site PIG! :o I really dont see how you can really consider an rc a motorized vehicle! I mean *censored*, its not like we are racing dirt bikes or quads at the *censored* track! Ok look, My house has a dirt driveway right, and i have never and i mean NEVER dug a hole in my driveway with my 4WD truck. Ok fine, Ill just have to bring and electric rc to the track. PROBLEM SOLVED. No more gas powered motorized vehicles! :twisted:

You make your point so eloquently. Definately the way to make your case! I will spell it out on the BMX site. FYI, it's been posted at the track for weeks. A motorized vehicle is just that, "Motorized". Pretty clear to me. If you want to cooperate with the chance of access I would suggest a different tact.

The goal is to make the track as smooth as possible. Take a look at the track and you'll notice the tire tracks from my truck which I use to roll the berms and jumps. In the rythym section someone with an R/C car spun continuously on the small table top doing a donut. Bikes don't spin their tires, r/c cars do. So basically I had a ring about five feet in diameter all trenched out. So I had to rake it out, wheelbarrel some stonedust over, rake it again and than roll it with my truck. Took me at least an hour. I can't even keep up maintaining the track for bicycles nevermind for r/c cars.

Instead of being so ignorant you should listen to what I am telling you and take a more proactive stance. Do you think I'd be aggravated if you had an organized group that I could work with? Probably not. But it isn't right to take advantage of my time which is already stretched to thin.

Sling all the names you want because if it wasn't for my efforts the last four years the track wouldn't be there. :roll:

Site has been updated for Crazymouth. www.billericabmx.com

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MaxximumRevo
Savage Novice
Savage Novice

Post by MaxximumRevo » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:03 pm

SGT,
Sorry for mis quoting you I was alittle tired worked late night (I heard brush to be exact...I just coughed it up to tree). But my post was not to stir the pot, I think it was pretty accurate to what you said, I was a little intimidated since it seem like you were focusing your anger towards me and like it was my fault, but thats besides the point.

In 2000-2002 I ran my truck (nitro power) there often, and I did not dig ruts, well I did not do doughnuts either, I ran and jumped my truck, I would gladly offer to help since I have access to skid steers and other heavy machinary you use to fix the track, and if helping keeping the track smooth is what you want I would gladly help if it ment I can use my RC truck there.

Plus the point I was getting at was if the track is packed down then an RC truck wont do anymore damage then a B<X bike unless it was held inplace. these things are not heavy enough to dig into packed dirt.....I do not know how packed the dirt is since you stopped me before I could look at the track.

SGT I am not trying to be an *censored*, I totally know where your coming from if your the only one doing the work I would be extremely annoyed to, but instead of telling me you will arrest people for vandalism offer other solutions.

Like if the RC community would help with the track they can use it. or have a bunker of grooming tools that a select people have keys to so they can smooth it out.

I personally think this can be resolved with little to no aggresion. I think that if you set aside time that the RC crowd can use it then it would be great....we know that BMX bike come first and since that gate is locked most the time (unless that has changed) we can just go there any odd time. But I personally think that there is enough land there that a RC track could be made Dunno the channels to go through for that but I do think its unfair to blame all this damage on the RC community, I have not seen the damage so I can't comment, but its hard enogh to get these truck to leave 2 1/2 inch trench on loose dirt, so I personally thing there is something else going on.....I have tested this theory since my back yard is all loose dirt right now. I know they would leave lines but a small trench is hard to understand....that is just my experience.

I do not want this to be a flame but I don't want the RC community to get false blames and a bad name for something that they did not do....you as a police officer should know this.

so do the RC community in the mass/NH area want to get there own track or what?
Stock Revo
RB TM323 Revo with Spektrum DX3

Savage 4.6 SS Built and thirst

All truck are 30% hungry

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links